Windsor Fall Home Show & Healthy Living Expo
Renko Cleaning will be there! Listed below is an article from the Windsor Star about the home show. We hope to see you there!
As has been the case in years past, there are no shortage of reasons to attend the Windsor Fall Home Show and Healthy Living Expo on September 29 and 30.
The 2012 edition of the show is once again being produced by 20/20 Productions and will be held at the Windsor Expo Centre, 1508 Walker Road and will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, and from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday, September 30. Admission is $4.
“Check out all of the latest products and services being offered to you, our most valuable customer!” says show organizer Stuart Galloway. “The Windsor Fall Home Show and Healthy Living Expo is a great way to spend a family weekend outing together. There will be something for everyone!”
The Windsor Fall Home Show will showcase all products and services to complete renovations and upgrades for the interior and exterior of their home, including windows, doors, Green Energy solutions, kitchens, bathrooms, roofing, flooring, window coverings, garage doors, decks, fencing, landscaping, hot tubs, snow removal equipment, and so much more.
The Windsor Healthy Living Expo will feature everything needed to foster a healthier and fitter lifestyle including fitness clubs (gyms), personal fitness equipment, nutritional foods and healthy supplements, assistance, direction, and programs for weight loss, diabetes, mind healing, stress and overall good health, recreation, travel, leisure, day spas and so much more.
All of this is in addition to 10 seminars that will be held during the spectacular two-day event.
“We have an outstanding variety of speakers and seminars,” says Galloway. “Show patrons will be both entertained and enlightened.
“While about 75 per cent of the 110 exhibitors at the Windsor Fall Home Show and Healthy Living Expo are related to home improvement and the remaining 25 per cent of exhibitors are healthy lifestyle-based vendors, the majority of seminars have health and fitness topics are their topics,” he continues.
The decision to incorporate the healthy living element to the Windsor Fall Home Show was a no-brainer, Galloway contends.
“It’s a very similar demographic,” he points out. “Most people who take an interest in looking after their bodies generally are people who are looking to improve their lot in life and that includes the improvement, upgrading and renovation of their homes and residences
“These are the people who we are looking to bring to our show,” Galloway asserts. “By hosting the fall home show along with the healthy living expo we have really created two shows in one and attendees are befitting from that.”
Another new and exciting feature at the Windsor Fall Home Show and Healthy Living Expo will be appearances by local athletes who competed so proudly at the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics in London, England.
Olympians Mary Spencer, David Tremblay, Melissa Bishop will all be appearing at the Windsor Star Lounge from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Sunday, September 30 in addition to Virginia McLachlan and Mike Whitehead who won two bronze medals and a silver medals respectively at the 2012 Paralympics. As of press time, the attendance of Olympic swimmer Amanda Reason, who is studying at the University of Calgary, had yet to be confirmed.
“These appearances are sponsored by The Windsor Star,” Galloway points out. “I know that all of the athletes are excited to be coming as it is a great opportunity to thank the community that has supported them for so many years and it’s also a great opportunity for the community to thank the athletes and get autographs and photographs taken with them.”
All admission proceeds to the Windsor Fall Home and Healthy Living Expo during the two-hour period that the athletes will be attending will be donated to The Windsor Star’s Raise-A-Reader Program.
Just as there has always been at the Windsor Home and Leisure Show, an event organized for over two decades by Galloway, there is a large variety of persons who will attend the 2012 edition of the Windsor Fall Home Show and Healthy Living Expo.
“We see a lot of families coming out in addition to homeowners,” claims Galloway. “We’ll see young couple who are in their mid-twenties and living in their first homes up to couples in their mid-seventies and mid-eighties who have lived in their homes for decades.
“There’s always something new and exciting for the home.”
For further information, visit www.windsorhomeshow.com or call (519) 226-363-0550
© Copyright (c) The Windsor Star
By John Humphrey, Special To The Star